Lockdown Recipe Diary
- by Kirsty Campbell
We’ve cleaned the house, reorganised the pantry, gardened our hearts out and colour coded our closets. Louenhide is at home and getting crafty in the kitchen, pulling out those old recipes of mums.
We’ve put together some old favourites. They are delicious, easy to make and use ingredients everyone has in their pantry (even when you’ve just cleaned it out!)
We’d love to see what you’ve been baking at home or if you have a special recipe you think everyone needs to know about.
Grandma’s Impossible Quiche
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 40g soft butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 large onion
- 3 slices of bacon (or ham)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup basil
Mix flour, butter, eggs and milk with an electric beater until combined.
Add all other remaining ingredients.
Pour into a greased quiche dish.
Bake for 1 hour at 160 degrees or until golden brown on top.
Jessie’s Straddie Wraps
Ingredients(Use equal parts yoghurt and plain flour – we used 2 cups each which serves 4 people)
- Yoghurt (Greek or Natural)
- Plain Flour
- Carraway, Fennel or Cumin Seeds
- Form a dough with the yoghurt, flour and seeds
- Roll out between parchment paper with a big dollop of oil on either side.
- Peel off the paper from one side, place wrap side down on a hot pan.
- Once sizzling, remove the paper.
- Cook until golden brown both sides.
- Enjoy with your choice of meat and salad topping
- 115g soft butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 3 tablespoons custard powder
- Cream butter and sugar with electric beaters.
- Add beaten egg and combine.
- Sift in flour and custard powder to form a dough.
- Take small pieces, roll into balls and place on a tray.
- Press with a fork.
- Bake for 15mins in a moderate oven.
- Join with icing
Enjoy your baking!!
Louenhide Team xx