Louenhide Care Guide
Keeping Your Louenhide Bag Looking Beautiful
Understanding how to care for your Louenhide bag will increase its longevity. The longevity of any handbag will depend on many factors including how often it is used, care taken during use, and exposure to heat, moisture and sunlight. Here are some tips in getting the longest possible lifespan out of your gorgeous new Louenhide handbag. Genuine manufacturing faults are usually detected within a 3-month warranty period.
Vegan Leather/ Polyurethane Material Care Guide
Our range of handbags and accessories are crafted from vegan leather; a synthetic man-made fabric also known as PU (polyurethane). Chosen predominately for the ease and functionality of keeping clean, our vegan leather products are also suitable for those who choose not to use traditional leather products. If you’d like to learn more about what Louenhide bags are made of, you can view our What is Vegan Leather page.
We recommend that you use your Louenhide bag frequently to extend the life of your bag. To properly care for your beautiful Louenhide accessory, please consider the following steps when caring for your product:
• Waterproof before use with a good-quality protector.
• Store in a cool, dry place where air can circulate, and your product is away from direct sunlight.
• Air your PU product every couple of weeks to limit the chance of mould.
• Try not to over-fill your Louenhide bag, as carrying less weight will lengthen the life of your handbag and provide less stress on the handles.
• If your product gets wet, remove any residual water immediately with a paper towel and leave it to air dry naturally.
• PU/Vegan Leather products may produce colour transfer when damp or wet. Please ensure you are cautious when wearing with light coloured clothing.
• Please be mindful that lighter coloured bags are prone to absorbing other dyes from clothing (like denim), so take care when wearing them together.
Handbag Cleaning Tips
To properly care for your Louenhide bags, follow these tips:
• Use a light surface spray, baby wipes, ‘Morning Fresh’ detergent, or a slightly damp cloth with warm water to clean off any dirt or dust.
• For stubborn marks or grease stains, use a sparse amount of eucalyptus oil or gumption on a clean cloth and rub gently.
• To clean the inside lining of your bag, we recommend using baby wipes or ‘Morning Fresh’ detergent.
• To clean Suedette PU bags, gently use a baby wipe and soft brush against the grain to remove any marks.